Well done to all those Year 11 pupils who have been attending English revision after school on Mondays. This year pupils will be sitting the new English exams (graded 9-1) and there is a lot to revise including four set texts.
Don’t let your child tell you that you can’t revise for English – you can!
Here are some methods:
- Produce a character/theme mind-map for a set text
- Produce a set of revision cards for your set text
- Draw a plot diagram for your set text
- Learn quotations from your set text
- Revise the techniques for different styles of writing
- Complete timed answers – submit them to your teacher
- Read online newspaper articles
- Watch some of the Mr Bruff revision tutorials available on line
- Attend Easter revision classes at school
- Revise rules for structure of stories
- Use GCSEPod to revise punctuation rules
- Plan a writing response – content and technique