Test Valley School is committed to supporting all pupils who have been impacted during Covid, either through loss of schooling or through the emotional impact of the pandemic and lockdown.
Funding will be directed towards three key areas (as outlined in the EEF support guide):
- Teaching and whole school strategies
- Transition support and mentoring for pupils, particularly Year 7
- Ensuring attainment outcomes are not impacted by time out of school
At Test Valley the funding will be used in order to provide :
- Time to train teachers in the use of Microsoft Teams
- Time for teachers to develop resources for online learning
- Time for colleagues to make adjustments to the curriculum.
- Extra staffing in key subjects to allow for intervention at KS4
- Additional sessions for pupils in KS4 during holiday periods
- The purchase of digital resources to aid online learning and remote parental sessions
- Additional support and intervention for the pastoral support team to deliver the Student Assistance Programme for Year 7 in order to aid transition
- The purchase of additional laptops for pupils working from home
- The already planned catch up programmes for Year 7 and 8 that were previously funded by the catch up monies withdrawn In the summer of 2020
- Additional staffing to mitigate against the impact of colleague absence due to shielding and COVID related illness
Our COVID-19 catch up spending priorities for 2020-21 can be found here.