The member of staff with responsibility for careers is Mr S Langdown. You can contact him via the school.
Our independent careers adviser is Mrs M Williams. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Dreams Motivate!
At Test Valley School we realise that career dreams are one of the driving forces behind the purpose of education. The era of one job for life is long over with adults typically changing their job between 10 to 15 times during their working journey. Being skilled for life and skilled for change is very important but knowing which ladder to choose at the start of your journey is often a very difficult question to answer.
We provide a vast range of opportunities through an extensive careers programme. This is to support our pupils’ exploration into their career dreams. Our programme provides opportunities every year from Year 7 onwards through event days, assemblies, trips, work experience, personal guidance, subject led explorations and Parents’ Information Evenings.
- UniTasterDays —
UniTasterDays provides a fantastic opportunity for pupils to regularly experience a wide variety of university courses and gain an insight into university life and career opportunities.
- Careers Advice for Parents and Young People — Career Adviser UK
- Local Information
- Test Valley Employment and Skills Zone
The Gatsby Benchmarks guide our programme. The areas covered are:
- Benchmark 1 – A stable careers programme
- Benchmark 2 – Learning from career and labour market information
- Benchmark 3 – Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Benchmark 4 – Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Benchmark 5 – Encounters with employers and employees
- Benchmark 6 – Experiences of workplaces
- Benchmark 7 – Encounters with further and higher education
- Benchmark 8 – Personal guidance
Gatsby Benchmark Compass
The school’s careers programme has been assessed against the Gatsby Benchmarks.
Careers Programme Details
2019 Pupil Destinations
The summary of the destinations for our school leavers in 2019 is:
- Further education at a college or 6th form 89.9%
- Full time training 0.9%
- Apprenticeship employment 6.4%
- Not in Education, Employment or Training 0%
- Unknown or moved away 2.8%
For more information, please see the full document.