In Pursuit of Personal Excellence
Test Valley School’s Vision Statement
As a secondary comprehensive school serving our local community, our vision is to offer a high quality learning experience which prepares our pupils to be independent, confident and well qualified young people who are able to make a positive contribution and continue to build on their learning beyond school.
We will provide a curriculum that enables all of our learners to:
- enjoy learning, make substantial progress, fulfil their potential and exceed expectations across all areas of the curriculum
- become increasingly eager and independent learners who are able to contribute and have a voice in how they learn now and in the future
- develop high levels of literacy, numeracy and computer literacy
- prepare for a rapidly changing world of work
- become more aware of their place in their community and the opportunities they have to contribute as active members
- develop a range of positive attitudes and attributes in respect of themselves and others eg adaptable, risk taking, enterprising, enquiring, challenging, determined, motivated
- acquire knowledge and understanding to inform their thinking and relevant to the changing world they will enter as adults
We will use available resources wisely to provide an excellent learning environment to support good and outstanding levels of learning.
We will foster and support all in carrying out their duties and responsibilities to high standards of performance.
We will engender respect for each other within the caring ethos of the school.